is a voluntary organisation established on 26th January 1992 and working to improve the quality of life of the rural poor in Koraput District of Odisha,India.
- Registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 vide Registration No.KPT-2035-4/94-95 dated 27.4.1994 of the Additional Registrar of Societies, Koraput.
- Registered under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act 1976 vide Registration No. 104960054 dated 26-08-1998 of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Registered under Section 12AA of Income tax Act 1961 with effect from 01-04-1997 vide Registration No. 80/97-98 of the Commissioner of Income -tax Bhubaneswar.
- Registered under 80G (5) of the Act, vide F.No. CIT(E)/Hyd/93(11)/80G/2015-2016 dated 23.05.2016.
- Income Tax PAN No.AAAAP3428J
Pragati, Koraput is presently working in 5 Blocks i.e. Koraput, Nandapur, Kotpad, Lamtaput and Dashmanthpur reaching out to around 45,000 households. We have established a network of Forest Dependent people in Koraput District facilitating Community Forest management and rights over forest lands and resources.
- Facilitation and strengthening of People’s Organisations(Village Development Committees(VDC),Village Monitoring Committees(VMC),Village Forest Committees, Women Self Help Groups, Farmers Clubs, Producers Groups) and their Federations at Panchayat, Block & District level
- Conservation and sustainable management of natural resources i.e. community forest management, soil and water conservation & creation of irrigation infrastructures.
- Sustainable Agriculture through organic practices.
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Awareness.
Pragati, Koraput has been recognised as NGO of the Year - National Winner- 2008 by The Resource Alliance and received the Gopabandhu Jyoti Samman 2015 from the Odiya daily “The Samaj” & the Prakruti Mitra Award – 2002-03 from Government of Odisha in recognition of our work for rural poor, transparency and good governance practices.